Saturday, July 21, 2012

My Month!

Correct me if I am wrong, most people love numbers or months related to their birthdays. I am not the exceptional one. Hence, July is my Month! Like I said, nothing extraordinary or exceptional occurred this year this month, but I am still loving it just because ^^

It is July! *looking guilty* All right almost the end of July. It is almost a month since I last posted. Nothing unusual, special or interesting occurred. My days just pass by really quickly like most people I believed except the fact that instead of sitting in an office staring at my computer like many, I was busy baking in the kitchen. To be honest, I sometimes feel bad hogging the small little kitchen that was once owned by someone none other than my Mother. Now, we share this small little space which I realized I kinda bosses her around sometimes (maybe most of the time :P) on issues such as storage of ingredients, usage of table cloths, timing for using the kitchen, etc. I know I know, I am sentenced guilty for this hideous crime of stealing her kitchen and yet, I am still bossing her around in her own space. Evil Pam! Evil! :( All right all right, I will try to be nicer.

Just to forewarn you, you should stop reading this post now unless you are prepared to read my long and most probably yawn-inducing ramblings on why I am so crazy over baking. This post might also be a remedy to your insomnia. hehehe...

Since this is MY favourite month, I shall ramble on my craziness for baking it is kinda like renewing my vow where I remind myself of the passion and love I have for baking. ;)

I realize I cannot stop reading foodblogs, searching for inspirations, experimenting for new combinations, thinking of new design, new details, new something for the cakes and pastries to bake. However, with the many constrains (small kitchen space, equipment, $$) I will still try my best to make it work, thinking of alternatives, better usages of ingredients, adjustment of recipes, etc.

I love how baking enables me to put in my feelings, a personal touch to the creation. I love how the adrenaline rushes when I have the opportunity to create something new. The excitement, the imagination, the happiness...geez...I cannot find words to explain exactly how this is supposed to feel but hmmm it is the feeling of doing something that you love! hahaha I guess that is how it is :) I love how there are endless readings about baking which never, I repeat NEVER bores me. NEVER! There are so many categories (Breads, Biscuits, French pastry, Japanese Pastry, American Cakes, Decorations, Cookies, Chocolates, Sugar, etc) in baking that I do not know where to start, I want to try and studying everything!!! It isn't like accounting or some businessy books where the contents are logical, make sense and seem interesting at times with most of the time I felt sleepy reading them...I like Accounting, I really do but the level of love comparing to baking is slightly off far off. =x

Just to share, there are more understanding needed in Baking than expected. For instance, the logic of setting up mise en place, the science of the baking processes, the mathematical understanding of the recipe, the creativeness of ingredients combination, the understanding the palate for texture and percentage of the cake components, etc. Overwhelmed already? These are just a few that I can think of offhand. There are just so much and maybe too much to grasp for me being an amateur. However, I am constantly trying to gain every bit of baking knowledge I can. The knowledge gained inspires and pushes me further in my own world of baking. And I am not complaining!!!

Truthfully, there are times where I got lazy and maybe tired of baking where thoughts like 'gosh I have to bake the entire day?', 'can I not bake today?' However, I never once not bake when such awful thoughts tried to pollute my mind (unless I am not well). The moment I start, I will not stop. Is that considered to be a workaholic or was it my passion that drives me crazy?

Ever since the last leg of my Patisserie Diploma, I was already torn between going back to Accounting or continue Baking. There are pros and cons to both but it seems quite obvious where I belong since I gave up a proper and decent paying Accounting job for Baking which I am crazily in love. Having them co-exist in my life isn't that bad. However, being able to cope is another thing. I just need to be brave enough to make a decision.

Life is all about choices and decisions, whether the result is fated or destined I can't say. There are times where I would think that destiny lies in the hands of the beholder where it is your decisions that path your life. However, there are also times where things happened just the way it is, and I would think 'I guess that what we call fate.'. hmmm I have not decided as yet which I believe in but in anyway, a decision has to be reached and with no doubt, I am deeply in love with baking.

All righty, I shall spare you with my rambling.

Nighty

xx,


Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment