Friday, October 5, 2012

Itacho Sushi @ PS


This is my first visit to Itacho Sushi. Will I visit again? When my sushi craving kicks in, YES I WILL!
The visit came about when my gf and I were having a headache deciding which restaurant should we have our dinner at. To settle such issue, we will always list out the type of cuisine we are craving for. Italian, Chinese, Malay, Korean, Japanese, Mexican, American and the list go on. This time we narrowed down to Japanese. That is not the end. We went further to decide between Ramen or Sushi. Ultimately, Sushi won the battle and so we visited Itacho Sushi at Plaza Singapura. 

First impression, nice ambience. however, it is just a little cramp. Would appreciate if they have space for me to put my bag either beside me or maybe a hanger under the table to hang my bag. Though I think we are supposed to put our bag under our chair (the chair is designed in such a way that there is a compartment for you to place your bag). However, most people rest their feet (with their shoes on of course) on the compartment. Hence, I don't think you would like the idea of putting your bag there.

I was there early and I observed that there were a number of people who visit the restaurant alone. Hence, I thought to myself, hmmm I guess the sushi must be good. Yup I am right. The standard is there. Pricing wise, it is neither cheap nor expensive but reasonable. They even have a special menu where there are discounts for certain sushi. Itacho Sushi will be my Sushi place now and I guess I will skip Sakae Sushi and Sushi Tei for now.

All right I shall save the talking and show you what we had! 

Must order! Chawanmushi!!! DELICIOUS!

ermm I can't remember what is this called.

Look how fresh the sashimi were. Nom Nom Nom. Oh I like the fact that they give you a variety of flavors to add to the sashimi (you see that black stuff on top of the raw fish, that's truffle...sth - i forgot). There are citrus sth, truffle sth, salt sth....haha sth sth...well my memory is not that fantastic. So please bear with me. But do go down and take a look at their menu when you pop by PS. If you are intending to give it a try, do go down early. Else you will have to wait in a long long loooooong queue. Btw, you can make a reservation as long as you will definitely spend at least $25 per person. I was there early and we spent more than that, so lucky we didnt make any reservation.


Some of the sushi went into our stomach before I could take any photos. hehehe...I was too hungry to stop and snap =x

Since it was my gf's bday, I made a small Chocolate Banana Mousse cake for her. We had it in the restaurant and one of the service crew was nice enough to borrow a lighter for us, cleared our table and even bring us a new set of utensils :) Good service!

There after, we took polaroid photos together and you know what, they were taken by one of the Aunty who was serving that day. She is really good. Seriously, not many people are able to take proper photos using a polaroid camera. She did great. She had that 'photography sense'. kekeke. She even took photo using my smartphone and it turned out awesome after her 3rd tried. lol.. (she didn't know she has to tap on the faces to focus before snapping) In any way, her service was really good and her comments about the camera and the photographs were really cute. Thumbs up to her. A sure visit the next time round. Good food, good service, reasonable price. :) Very satisfying. ^^



xx,
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment