Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Having Problem with Colours?!!

I <3 looking at pretty colour combinations (-.- *rolls eyes* who doesnt). However, sad to say, I am not very good when it comes to matching them. I tend to play it safe by using colour in different tones. For instance I LOVE COLOURS You can never go wrong with that.

The calling of understanding and learning the usage of colours came during my superior module of Patisserie where we had to create sugar centre pieces, chocolate plates, etc. Hence, I knew that I had to stepped it up and work on my colour matching skill. I did research and read about colours. Warm colours, cool colours, complimentary colours, etc etc. Understanding colours is one thing, putting them together is another. Hence, I googled on 'colour palatte' and found this website rather useful and easy to use. It matches colours for you!!! haha how wonderful is that, you can now skipped the process of reading and understand about colours. The website is basically a colour tool where you click on the shade of colour that you will like to work on and it will assist you in matching it with other colours depending on how you want the combination to be (for example, mono tone, complement, triad, etc).

You can use colours in so many ways. Home furnishing, cake and cookie decoration, wedding theme, photography, painting, dressing and many many more. 

One day when I was surfing on food blogs and reading this reading that. I chance upon this 'colour' blog called Design Seeds. PRETTY!!!!! Great photos with colour combinations that made sense, as though they are singing beautifully in your ears (in my ears for sure but I am not sure if it does for you). 

Taking inspiration from this, I revamped the blog. However, something is still missing. I am not able to bring out the WOW factor of it :( Please be understanding, I am still trying to cultivate my creativity. 

Like I said earlier, understanding the colours is one thing and putting them to use is another. Though using the same colours, I am not able to bring out the OOMPH of this colour combination. I think what I am lacking is  texture. The colours look soothing to the eye but they are not 'singing'. I shall try to find out how I am able to convert my photos into colours like the above picture. Maybe by adding photos of the same shade might help :)

Hope this post is helpful enough for you to find the right colours :)

xx,
Pam


No comments:

Post a Comment