Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Lousy

Start of with some random ramblings...i think i am going through mid life crisis currently =x i am stuck thinking what i should do, how i should live my life, etc.

i started working since i was 17 be it part time, contract, internship, permanent, etc I did them all. What i am trying to say is that: having income all my life, i felt super lousy ever since i quitted my job last year and I still feel the same. Lousy. I am still quite overwhelmed with what I did (referring to quitting my job and enrolled into LCB). Now I have to start all over again. With the worry of not earning enough is just killing me. What should I do???

i have been listing out a few options which aren't bad at all (money and prospect wise). However, I have been procrastinating. The reason is most probably because I have been pampering myself too much that i am afraid to step into the working society once again. the horrible reality that possesses my soul with the dream man paying me visits with sacks of nightmares. SCREAMS!!!! all right i tend to exaggerate as usual. 

At this point, I am definitely not good enough to open a shop of my own. I could apply for job in a hotel (which is a no no for me) or small bakery (sounds fun!) or work as an accountant (9 to 5 job and moonlight as a baker, sounds good) or part time accountant and moonlight as a baker (not that bad either) as well. hmmm i prefer the latter 2..keke..i sort of miss accounting. doing accounts makes me feel capable and professional. not that baking doesnt. it is just that it makes me feel good to be able to do both businessy stuff as well as creative stuff...hehe..i am very greedy when it comes to knowledge and skills.

moving off from the topic, i have been baking and trying out new recipes. I made a mango mousse cake (ok e recipe is not that new) last weekend. I had just made a Milo mousse cake as well which is freezing in the fridge at the moment.. hehe hope it turns out with the malty goodness! oh and i tried to make some macarons which came out feetLESS!!!! T.T ok skip this.

the mango mousse cake was yummy.. however, i would like to add that i didnt do a very good job with the presentation and the side sponge as compared to the previous one. because.....i was trying to be smart by putting the almost perfectly cooked sponge back into the oven as i thought it might be a tiny bit undercook (it is still slightly sticky). when i took it out, it was a little less manageable (slightly stiff) hence, when i place it round the ring, it doesnt fit perfectly. thus, some of the mousse leaked out n 'dirtied the side of the sponge. :( and i tried to be smart again by not putting the cake into the freezer (which ease the removal of the acetate strip and hence the cake will look pretty and neat) -.-

there's a saying 聪明就好,不要假/装聪明 (it means do not be a smart aleck. btw i am not sure if i wrote the second half of the phrase correctly) all righty, enough of my super long whining.. shall shower you with some photos, random or not, repeated or not.

here's a photo of my smart aleck mango mousse cake.

steamboat with my family just before we dig into the mousse cake above.

made a super sweet cake - vanilla butter cream with dense and moist sponge (it was a recipe taken off the net, tried to replicate the roses i see online as well as the interior. manage to do the interior quite well but not the exterior. i need a lot of practice on the masking of cakes. i am really really terrible at it. i quite like the sponge as it was dense and moist. taste just like pound cake, very nice texture. i like everything about it. except for the fact that it was too sweet and not so beautiful)

little Hello Kitty missing her whiskers =x a little too sweet once again. sometimes i am so disappointed that i think i should stop trying online recipes . - buttercream sponge cake

cute hammy sleeping in its rollie...(btw it is not staying in my house but my sis. little cutie pie!!!)

a 'love' letter from the darling nephew, Orlando :)

wooo look what i have found while walking.. a yellow caterpillar that shouts 'LOOK AT ME I AM YELLOW! DON'T YOU DARE TOUCH ME!' Mom told me that one touch and you will itch like hell. geez  thinking about it makes my hair on my arms stand...brrrr

Barney cake with the impromtu colourings and the ugly masking and the not so well made sponge. disaster! T.T i am sorry little Olivia. - Raspberry fresh cream cake

pink macarons with FEETS! this was made some time back during CNY. a success! but not today :(

and to end off, here is a photo of Mr Pigeon who has been loitering around my doorstep every evening for many many days during CNY (he is nowhere to be seen for now, i guess he has moved to a better place since )

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment