Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Something Delightful

Finally i had time to work on TEA cake. A friend of mine suggested to me a month ago to bake something that is  infused with tea especially Earl Grey (her favourite). In order to motivate and ensure that I bake it, she brought a paperbag of tea bags. there were Chamomile Tea, English Breakfast Tea, Earl Grey and Peppermint Tea.

Previously i had tried using the normal Lipton red tea (i think it is called black tea in the US, i have no idea why the difference). Although the recipe did not call for honey, I added what I thought was a tiny bit of Honey which turned out to be more of Honey Cake than Red Tea Cake. However, I secretly like it. Shhhh I do not want you to think i am such a bragger. Anyway it tasted in my opinion, just like the Bubble Tea (from Koi or Sweet Talk or any bubble tea shops) - Honey Red Milk Tea Flavour. On the otherhand, yes i agree that the Honey is slightly overwhelming and overpowered the fragrance of the Tea slightly and i really meant slightly as you are still able to taste Tea just that Mr. Tea who was supposed to be the main lead was being kicked out of the drama and Ms. Honey had became the main lead.

I like how the fragrance of the tea provides a light and subtle happy aftertaste where it lingers on your taste buds after eating. It is like Mr. Tea and Ms. Honey is happily prancing and dancing on your taste buds. :)

No pictures of this Honey Milk Tea Cake as they were ermmmm not very pretty to look at. they were not pretty because I mixed the tea leaves into the batter and the cakes had tiny specks of black dots everywhere. Not pretty at all. I am afraid u might lose faith by looking at how ugly it looked =x well never judge a book by its cover i know but i rather not risk that you will not visit my blog again would I? keke..just kidding about the previous sentence but not about it being ugly =x

From this baking experiment, I had learned that Honey provides moisture to baked goods as it is made up of glucose and fructose which has similar properties to inverted syrup.

okie time to show you something delightful <3




This is the Vanilla Earl Grey Cake that I had made yesterday morning. :) there were quite a number of likes to it. keke.. DELIGHTFUL! hehe This is by far the best photos i had taken of my creation. I used the table mats that my sister had recently purchased from IKEA. cute right? ^^V

xx,
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment