Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Caramel Apple Mousse

This is an impromtu project where i was surfing the net for inspiration of business name and pretty things, i just thought i need a break and whipped up something (also a good way to use up as much of my leftover cream as i can). To be honest, yesterday was a lazy day where i didn't want to bake anything and having to clean up the trays and oven. Hence, i came up with this non-bake dessert. Seriously, the person who invented 'digestive biscuit' base is a life saver on a day like this!!! :)

I shall stop blabbering and go straight to the point of my post. This non-bake Caramel Apple Mousse is super easy and fuss free (ok not as easy as those 1 bowl mix batter such as brownies but still easy enough). It taste light, refreshing and the poached apple just gave it a nice crunch which provides an interesting texture.

I m doing a one man show and having only a mobile phone as my camera, i am only able to take picture of the completed product. I have not upgraded myself to a foodblogger who is able take picture at every step of the baking (non-bake) process whom i salute to (it is not easy to remember to take picture at every step of the process). This cake will be part of my catalogue. :) i am quite proud of it as i came up with the entire recipe myself. the ratio of the ingredients, the flavour, the components, etc. except for the caramel mousse recipe which is taken from my school (Le Cordon Bleu - LCB London)

Starting from the bottom: Digestive biscuit base, caramel mousse, poached apple, apple vanilla mousse, apple syrup glaze.

For those who have been making pastries, will know that this is a simple cake to make and you can easily try it out at home. however, for non-bakers, i am sorry i can't disclose the recipe as it will be part of my catalogue in my future shop. Hope you will understand. 

Back to praising :| the cake: The most awesome part is that the cake is non bake. So those who does not have an oven at home can make it. Another good thing about it is that it does not contain eggs :)

Just some updates, i am currently into fondants and royal icing which i have yet to get my hands on. probably soon. i had made some orders on ebay for the tools!!! hehe cant wait for my new toy to arrive (it might take about 25 days though). I realized cakes covered with fondant and cookies decorated with royal icing is just like scrapbooking! which means craft work. I LIKE!!!! I <3!!! I LOVE!!!! :)))) found a new love to embrace! dreaming and thinking about them just makes me happy. hahaha.. it is nice to be happy with simple things like these =x

xx,
Pam


2 comments:

  1. Ooh your 'experiments' always look so good! Well done!! And also, Congrats on your diving licence!! Am super proud and happy for you. x)))

    This time next week, I'll be back in SG. Hehe. So meet up meet up! When you're free of course. Jia you with your experiments and I hope you'll find a lovely name for your business soon! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! :))))

      AWESOME!!! yes meet up meet up! i m onz ANYTIME!!! keke ;) cant wait to see you soon! :))))

      xx

      Delete